Approved course options for a minor in Precision Agriculture. 18 credits, 9 of which must be upper division courses, are required for a minor; however, the number of credits may exceed 18 to meet the needs of the program. The Precision Agriculture minor is composed of a minimum of 18 credits, nine of which are in upper division courses as required. Course selection from the technical course list must include a minimum of 6 credits of coursework not required as part of the students major. Agricultural technology is a rapidly evolving field and additional relevant technical course offerings may be approved by the advisor.
Course(s) and Title(s) with Semester Offered* in Parenthesis followed by Pre-Requisites if applicable for a Minor in Agricultural Systems
*Offered in Spring (S), Fall (F), and/or Summer Sessions (SS).
**4 credit course. Other courses are 3 credit courses.
Required Courses Include:
- CROP_SCI/HORT 102: Introduction to Cultivated Plants (F)
- SOIL_SCI 201: Soil: A Living System (F,S, Online)
- AFS 201: System Skills for Agricultural and Food Systems (F)
And one of the following courses:
- CROP_SCI/HORT 202**: Crop Growth and Development (S, Online; CROP_SCI/HORT 102)
- CROP_SCI 403: Advanced Cropping Systems (F; CROP_SCI/HORT 202; Recommended course CROP_SCI 305, PL_P 429)
- SOIL_SCI 302: Introduction to Agroecology (S, Online; Recommended courses SOIL_SCI 201)
- SOIL_SCI 414: Environmental Biophysics (S) AND SOIL_SCI 415: Environmental Biophysics Lab (S)
- SOIL_SCI 441: Soil Fertility (S, Online; SOIL_SCI 201)
Upper Division Course Options (9 Credits needed):
- AGTM 305: Agricultural Precision Systems (F)
- AGTM 315: Irrigation Systems and Water Management (F)
- AGTM 405: Advanced Agricultural Precision Systems (S)
- AGTM 495: Internship in Agricultural Technology and Management (F, S)
- SOIL_SCI 368: Introduction to Geographic Information System (F)
- SOIL_SCI 374: Introduction to Remote Sensing (S)
- SOIL_SCI 468: GIS Spatial Analysis (S)