Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the AFS degree, graduates will:
1. Identify and understand the interaction among key components that comprise agricultural and food systems across disciplines.
2. Obtain, evaluate, and apply scholarly information to expand understanding and knowledge-base of the systems.
3. Apply scientific and quantitative reasoning to address real world problems in agricultural and food systems.
4. Consider, evaluate, and integrate varying perspectives on issues related to agricultural and food systems.
5. Integrate ethical, economic, environmental, and cultural/societal contexts at the global and/or local level.
6. Communicate effectively to a broad range of audiences using appropriate traditional and emerging technological media.
7. Appreciate the breadth and depth of professional opportunities in agricultural and food systems.